Valentin Carrillo - Guatemala
Blackberry | Nutmeg | Syrupy
Whole bean coffee. Choose bag size above.
- Origin: Huehuetenango, Guatemala
- Producers: Valentin and Evelio Carrillo
- Process: Washed and Patio Dried
- Variety: Catuai, Caturra and Bourbon
- Altitude: 1750 meters
Valentin and his son Evelio farm in the steep terrain of San Pedro Necta, which is located just south of the Mexican border in Huehuetenango. Luis Pedro Zelaya and his team at Bella Vista in Antigua have started working with farmers in Huehuetenango, teaching them about pest management, plant health and nutrition, and harvesting practices. The area is known for its high-quality potential but also for its remoteness. It can be quite difficult to access the small towns in the mountains during wet months, and there are frequent slides that block access even on the main highways.
Transcend’s Director of Coffee, Josh Hockin at the Bella Vista Mill, Guatemala
Drying Patios at the Bella Vista Mill, Antigua, Guatemala
As a signatory to the Pledge we share the vision towards the following:
- Ensure a sustainable supply of coffee by working towards a living income for producers so they will continue to invest in the future of their businesses.
- Transparent reporting enables actors along the supply chain to make informed choices. This will help the industry to raise prices paid to farmers and provide living incomes in coffee producing countries.
- Transparency about Free On Board (FOB) Prices is a first step. We encourage all companies and actors along the supply chain to make prices transparent at every step of the supply chain.
- Transparency is a tool to ensure that marketing claims are backed by actual facts.