Riakiania AA - Green, un-roasted coffee
Raspberry + Juicy + Nut Brittle + Complex + Lingering
Please note: this product is green, un-roasted coffee. You will need to roast this coffee yourself. Choose bag size above.
- Origin: Kirinyaga, Kenya
- Producers: 1300 smallholders from the Mwirua Farmer’s Cooperative Society
- Altitude: 1500 meters above sea level
- Varietals: SL28, SL34 and Ruiru 11
- Process: Washed and dried on raised beds
- Pronunciation: (RHEE-Ahh-Key-AHH-Nyah)
The Riakiania factory is owned and operated by the Mwirua Farmer Cooperative Society, which serves 5800 farmers from around the village of Mwirua. This is a wonderful example of the bright, juicy coffees that Kenya is known for producing. One of the distinguishing characteristics of Kenyan coffee comes from the time the freshly depulped beans spend in water. After an initial depulp and wash, this coffee was soaked for 72 hours before being sent to the drying beds. The result is a fantastically bright and complex cup.