Juan Pablo - Costa Rica
Smooth | Hazelnut | Spice
Whole bean roasted coffee. Choose bag size above.
- Origin: Frailes, Costa Rica
- Farmer: Marvin Robles
- Process: Mechanically Washed
- Variety: Caturra, Typica, Bourbon
Not only has Marvin Robles been growing coffee on his farm outside of Frailes for decades, but he’s also been building the community of coffee producers around the region. He’s worked with Francisco at Exclusive coffee for years in helping coffee growers learn about micro-milling and the increased prices they can get for producing higher quality coffee.
His coffee has always been a bit of an outlier. He has a small depulper beside his house, and he even washes coffee in small rain barrels. All of his coffee is dried on raised beds in his yard. All of this work is done by him and his son, Juan Pablo.
We named this coffee Juan Pablo this year because Marvin has named his micro-milling outfit after him and we wanted to honour that as well.
Producer Marvin Robles
Raised coffee beds
As a signatory to the Pledge we share the vision towards the following:
- Ensure a sustainable supply of coffee by working towards a living income for producers so they will continue to invest in the future of their businesses.
- Transparent reporting enables actors along the supply chain to make informed choices. This will help the industry to raise prices paid to farmers and provide living incomes in coffee producing countries.
- Transparency about Free On Board (FOB) Prices is a first step. We encourage all companies and actors along the supply chain to make prices transparent at every step of the supply chain.
- Transparency is a tool to ensure that marketing claims are backed by actual facts.